Saturday, October 9, 2010

AMBUSH.


Ambush is a high end Japanese jewelry line which started back in 08', composed of & fronted by Verbal & Yoon(in the video above). Two of my biggest inspirations, their style is dope! They are both two of the most creative people roaming the earth right now, and every project they are involved with shows immense creativity & style in my opinion. Apart from being AMBUSH, Verbal is a producer as well as a member of a few music groups, like the Teryaki Boys, and Yoon is a stylist among other things.
Ambush is available in the U.S exclusively at RSVP Gallery

Their most recognizable piece is probably the 'POW!' chain.


I LOVED this piece when it came out! At the time it dropped i thought it was the ultimate accessory, not too huge, not too extravagant, and it goes with almost plaything in my opinion. My favorites are the Gold, the Red, and the Black colorway.  Iwantthemallllll.

Another piece, probably my personal favorite is the Pharaoh piece




The piece features a pharaoh with sunglasses and a gold bowtie #Swaggtho. The concept is different from the usual pharaoh T-shirts and other jewelry you usually see. Another chain for any fly individual. The series title and the sunglasses on the chain remind me of Michael Jackson in his teenage years when he wore those huge sunglasses haha.


 : Last thing I wanna mention in this post is AMBUSH's collab with BAPE, titled


A BAPE is AMBUSHed
Bape always has great collabs, so when put with another set of great minds like Verbal&Yoon? You know some fly stuff came out.




Another DOPE collab. The chains are my favorites, the colorways are all dope! I couldnt pull them all off, but  I'd definatley wear the Silver, the Silver&Gold, and the BlackRed&Yellow chains. All Dope. Id definatley love to have any peice from ANY of the collections above. All amazing work, and I look forward to seeing what AMBUSH presents in the future.

-Cassius P. Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment