Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Rourouni Kenshin.

I watch cartoons all the time, and i often find inspiration in them, in who the characters are, and what they stand for. But in my opinion, the only place you'll really find good cartoon characters is in the past. When I was younger, Rouroni Kenshin(Now Renamed Samurai-X) was one of my favorite cartoons. I thought Samurai's were the flyest cartoon characters of all, just something about the way they use swords makes them look smooth.



 The main character of the show was Kenshin Himura, a wandering Samurai, and expert swordsman. When I was younger I wanted to be everything that he was, apart from a wanderer. Kenshin had a perfect personality, he was incredibly kind, thoughtful, selfless, and there was nothing he wouldn't do for a friend. These were all qualities I wanted to emulate when I was younger.
Dig Deeper for more


Above there's Kenshin as Battousai The Slasher, basically an alter ego of his, who was one of the best samurai assassins during the samurai era in japan. Throughout the series, Kenshin tries to suppress his inner killer but Battousai keeps popping back up. (Which I didnt mind because Battousai was a boss.) But as the show goes on Kenshin struggles to suppress him.


This is Shishyo, who was basically Kenshin's nemises for the second season. He was a samurai who used to be equally as good as Kenshin, but because he was feared greatly he was burned alive, yet survived.
C'MONSON, TELL ME THATS NOT A GOOD VILLAIN.
The show was also amazing because it had an amazing soundtrack as well as the best plots, and villains who were more than captivating.
Thats just my opinion, i'm no TV critic or anything, but by my standards, this show was more than Live.



This was the main cast! Corey, Kenshin, Tsanosuke, and Kenji!
I Miss shows like this. I was so happy when it came on Hulu. 
Something really worth checking out.


Here's a clip!, yea its in Japanese, but this is just to show you how live the show was.




2 comments:

  1. I never you you liked this.

    You and I, should definitely talk more

    -Alejandro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wuaaacho lo mirabba cuando era pendejo!! xDDD

    ReplyDelete